Me and the Hunny <3

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Freak Flag is Flying High!

Yes, yes, yes, its true – I am a total dork.  Not when I first meet people but once I’m comfortable I let my freak flag fly!  So I thought I’d share a funny story with you all.  I met my husband (a.k.a. Hunny) 4 ½ years ago on a blind date.  So before I go on with my story let me just say that blind dates working out are not urban legends.   I’m that friend of a friend’s nail lady’s friend that went on a blind date and ended up getting married.  It can happen people!  Anyways after we had been seeing each other for almost 2 months he took me out on my birthday to one of my favorite restaurants about an hour away.  We had a great time and I had had about 3 glasses of wine.  We had taken my Jeep (Old Blue - told you I named all my cars) and in true dork fashion I had a CD in the car that I had made of all my favorite jams that I would listen to by myself again let me repeat that – by MYSELF.  These were the kind of songs that you don’t let a soul know that you have on your ipod much less that you rock out too.  Well I’m feeling a nice buzz, it’s my birthday, and I’m really liking this awesome guy that had just taken me on a great date.  Who knows why but I bust out this CD and put it on track 9.  Oh Lord.  Track 9 is a favorite from one hit wonder 'N 2 Deep' from the 90’s called ‘Back to the Hotel’.  It’s a rap song and I happen to know every word.  Can you see where this story going…..  Even though Joe and I had been together almost every day since we had met I really hadn't let him see my full dork potential.  He had seen little bits here and there but nothing like this.  So the song comes on and I start rapping and I’m talking full on like I was Snoop Dog with hand gestures and everything.  Joe is  kinda laughing but I’m not really even paying attention to him.  I was giving my own concert and honey it was fun.  We get back to his apartment and he says that he wants to have a ‘talk’.  Oh God.  The dreaded ‘talk’.  I’m thinking this is it we are breaking up.  I’m just too much dork from him to handle.  He sits down and takes a deep breath.  I know that this is it – needless to say my buzz is gone.  The mention of having a ‘talk’ sobered me up real quick!  He starts to speak but is having a hard time getting the words out and finally blurts out I LOVE YOU!!  It was the first time that he had told me.  Apparently he likes my dorkinessJ  Whew – dodged that bullet.  Moral of the story besides the fact that I have questionable taste in music and I can rap – be yourself and don’t be afraid to let your inner dork come to the surfaceJ  Have a great day peeps!

1 comment: