Me and the Hunny <3

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Weigh Day Wednesday - Its a Long One!

Hi!

I had a good week!  I lost 1.6 - yay! 10 total so far!  I will admit this is not how I anticipated weigh day to go.  The hubs and I ate out a couple times this weekend and even though I did watch what I put into my mouth some of those delicious morsels were not the best choices.  In fact I started writing this post last night because I was confident that I was going to gain today and I was ok with it.  Even as I stepped on the scale I knew it was going to say something snotty like 'if you really think that you can eat the kinds of things you ate this weekend and still lose weight you're an idiot'.  I share this because a few months ago or any of the past times I was on a diet and ate the things I ate this week I would have seen a gain this morning.  So what was different about this past week then all the other times I had been on a diet and ate a few things that were not considered healthy?!?  My mind.  No my mind did not intervene and suck the calories out of all the crap I ate.  When I started writing this post last night explaining the gain and how I was really whole heartedly ok with not having a stellar week I realized that I finally got my myself to a place where I believe that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet.  I've said it before but I never BELIEVED it.  It only took like 25 years of trying every diet known to mankind.    

Yes I did make some lame choices this weekend as far as food goes the difference was that I only ate a portion of it.  And guess what?  I didn't  feel deprived or upset that I had to leave some of my meal on the plate.  In the past after leaving a restaurant 8 times out of 10 my jeans would feel like a scuba suit and the button on them would be holding on to the button hole for dear life.  Or the remaining 2 out of 10 times I would have been what I considered "good" and not had anything that wasn't a lettuce leaf or grilled chicken.  I would be a bit resentful and then the next chance I had I would eat something so big and so bad to make up for being good.  Vicious cycle! 

I do have to tell you about the dessert that the hubs and I shared at Biaggi's.  The yummiest dessert of all time which was Italian donuts tossed in cinnamon and sugar and topped with rum caramel sauce (I die).  When the waitress set down the plate I wanted to tell Joe he had to look out the window to see some fabulous car and then I wanted to shove those little nuggets of heaven in my mouth.  By the time he turned around 1 second later I would have had all the donuts in my mouth and the sauce all over my fingers and looking at him like 'what'!?!  HEHE.  But that was not the case.  I only ate maybe a 1/3 of the dessert. 

There is a part of me that feels lucky for the loss this week.  So I do not advocate that you go out and eat Italian donuts sent from heaven and expect to lose.  I did not expect to lose but if I had gained it would have been ok because you can't pass up everything in life.  You can if you're on a diet and you will lose and look awesome.  But speaking from experience the weight just comes back.  I'd rather be a little more relaxed and be this way the rest of my life than be on a diet for the next 6 months. 

Sorry for the long post - yikes I'm chatty today!  Reminder that I created a Facebook group called Walk this Weigh.  Its a place where we can talk about health, beauty, gripes, get support, and just about anything else you want to - if you want to join click  here.  It's a private group - all that means is only the members can see your posts or photos that you post to the group.  I set it up this way so we can talk about anything and not have to worry about who was going to see it.  If you are already a member of the group and have a friend that you think would want to join send them an invite and then let me know who they are so I can approve them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment