Me and the Hunny <3

Sunday, November 18, 2012

That's Life

Sorry that I haven’t posted in a while.  I’ve been a little out of sorts.  Not really sure what to talk about.  So here is a post to let you know that I am alive and still blogging.  I have fallen off the wagon with the jogging and eating right.  I am not proud of this by any means.  Any of you that were actually inspired by my earlier progress I apologize.  Life got in the way.  I’m not using it as an excuse.  I don’t even know what I’m doing.  I’m feeling a bit lost.  I have had a horrid couple of weeks.  I was stressed out when my work announced that it was going to lay people off.  That was 3 weeks of pure torture.  Just waiting and wondering.  Then a week ago Joe’s dog, Tiger, got worse.  He had been struggling for over 5 months to breathe normally.  The vets had tried everything - steroids, antibiotics, 2 surgeries, and countless examinations.  I can’t share this story with you without admitting I was not a very good dog mom.  I can never make that right.  That makes me sad.  I was NEVER mean to Tiger and I never wanted anything bad to happen to him.  I made sure that he had what he needed and that he had the best care that we could give him.  But I was usually complaining about all the noise that he would make or grossed out by how much he shed.  Looking back that was extra lame.  He was a good dog, so friendly, great with kids, always a happy little guy.  The last few months are when he and I actually started to bond.  But it was too little too late on my part.  Last week he was having so much trouble breathing that he was choking.  We rushed him to the emergency vet but after they took some x-rays the vet suggested that it was probably time to put him down.  That was like getting a ton of bricks thrown into my chest.  It was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to deal with.  I’m pretty sure it was one of the hardest things that Joe has had to deal with too.  It was so tough for me to see him so upset. Our furry friends become family and its so hard to say goodbye.  We stayed with Tiger to the very end.  R.I.P little buddy


2 days later……I get “the” call from my boss.  My stomach did 17 flip flops before I could pick up the phone.  I knew why she was calling, I knew what she was going to say - I was getting laid off.  I had 3 weeks to sit and think about what would happen if I got that call, what Joe and I would do, and how we would pay our bills.  And as lame as it sounds I was still not prepared to get the bad news, still surprised that my name was on the list.  I have had 5 days to process it.  It’s not any easier then it was the day that I found out.  I am in the “angry phase”.  I have been here for the last 4 days and not really seeing any end in sight.  But I think that it’s ok to still be upset.  Don’t worry I’m not going to blow up the building, I’m not that pissed,  just mad/hurt that it was easy for a VP to decide that it was better for the company if I was no longer a part of it.  There is good news - I met some really awesome peeps while I was there, some of which will be lifelong friendsJ

So to recap:
  • This post is not a feel sorry for me post but one that reminds you to be nicer to everyone and everything because when they’re gone you will miss them and wish that you would have been a better person
  • Corporations suck that lay awesome people off a week before the holiday season
  • I am in need of a J.O.B. so if you have any ideas hit me up
  • I am not in possession of explosives and have no desire to blow things up, specifically my office building
  • I have cool freinds
 

No comments:

Post a Comment