Me and the Hunny <3

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sometimes You Just Have To Be An Idiot

So last weekend marked the end of "celebration season" as Joe and I like to call it.  We say this because from the beginning of February to the end of March there is a celebration almost every week.  In February  there are 3 bdays - the hubs and both of our besties.  And we can't forget about Super Bowl Sunday and Valentines Day.  Then in March Joe's other bestie and I have birthdays and we have our our wedding anniversary.  Now don't get me wrong - we love every minute of it.  Not only is there cake on almost every weekend there is also drinks, good food, and tons of laughs.  This year was especially fun since Joe and both of his buddies turned 40!  So this celebration season was full of memory making, including Tamara throwing her hubby a casino night party!  That rocked!  It was like a little piece of Vegas here in Colorado!  I have been trying to have more fun and not stress so much over not having a job so this "season" was a perfect time to forget my worries for a handful of nights. 

Last week it was my birthday and our anniversary so the hubs took Friday off and we enjoyed a long weekend.  However the weather was not so awesome.  Friday night we hung with our friends and by the time we left the snow was coming down and the roads were icy.  So much for it being the first weekend of spring.  Saturday was snowy and cold, it was a great day to stay at home and warm under a blanket!  Here is where the "acting like an idiot "part comes into play.  We were hanging at home and watching a marathon of The Big Bang Theory.  Until a few months ago Joe and I had not seen one episode of that show.  But our friends were telling us how funny it was and that we needed to start watching it.  So when there was a marathon on we were all over it.  We decided that while we watched the show we should have a cocktail.  Not exactly sure what triggered me to Google "Big Bang Theory drinking game", it's not like I'm in college and looking for a way to get drunk and throw up.  But let me tell you I'm so glad that I did.  It was so fun to just let go and act like an idiot.  We didn't get sloppy fall down drunk, throw up, or anything like that.  We used the good old standby they give you after surgery to assess how much we had had to drink.  Both of us would not be able to operate heavy machinery but could probably make legal decisions if necessary, ha!  We laughed a ton and really enjoyed hanging out together since we were stuck in the house.  So we weren't total idiots but definitely acting like we were 18ish and hanging at my house while my parents were out of town.  Mom - if you are reading this don't worry I never actually had guys over and played drinking games when you were gone and I lived at home.  Now your son on the other hand.......but that is another story for another day.  Ha!

Moral of the story - as you all know but sometimes its nice to have a reminder -  life is serious enough, have fun, let your hair down once in a while.  And as long as you are not pissing anyone off or hurting anyone its ok to act like an idiot from time to time.   Oh one more moral - I ate way too much during the season and its time to wire my jaw shut:) or just eat sensibly and exercise, haven't decided which one yet:)

Here are some pics from Celebration Season:

Joe's Bday

 
Valentines Day Cookies for Joe
 
Besties


Casino bday night that Tamara threw her hubby
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!!
    Rule #6 - don't take yourself so damn seriously :) words to live by! Check out Ben Zander's Rule #6.
    He is a great motivational speaker and has some great tips for leadership and life in general.

    Thanks for sharing...and would it be biased if I said my favorite pic is the besties pic?

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out Ben Zander, sounds really cool! And my favorite is the besties pic too:) We rock!

      Delete