Me and the Hunny <3

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Weigh Day Wednesday

Well - I didn't do awesome but I didn't gain.  I only lost 0.6.  I'll take it.  I'm just hoping that all the work that I put in this past week will some how pay off on next Wednesday.  I measured and weighed everything and walked 3 miles every day but Sunday. 

I will tell you that I tried spaghetti squash and it rocks my face off.  I feel like I'm cheating when I'm eating it.  I mostly add it to meals than eat it by itself.  I was a little surprised that I liked it.  I HATE squash.  To me eating zucchini or acorn squash tastes like sucking on a dirty dish rag or something.  Barf.  But not the spaghetti squash.  It is so mild that it takes on whatever flavor that you add to it.  Try it you will not be sorry.  Below check out some tips and how to cook it:
  • Find a spaghetti squash that is bright yellow and very hard.  You don't want any green on the outside.

  • Cut in half length wise - be carful its super hard (that's what she said - sorry I couldn't help myself).
  • Scoop out the seeds and the guts.  Its just like cleaning out a pumpkin.

  • Put the halves cut side down on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 45min to an hour depending on how big the squash is.  You want it to be tender when you stick a fork through it.
  • Once it cools a bit and you can pick it up take a fork and scrape out the insides.  It will look like spaghetti noodles. 

  • The texture is not like real spaghetti noodles - they are a bit hard.  Kinda like really al dente pasta.
Until next week ladies:) oh and hubs.  I'm pretty sure he is the only guy that reads my craziness. 

Only 35.4 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment