Me and the Hunny <3

Monday, July 30, 2012

Cake is Rockin My World!

Ya baby!!  Give me some cake!  So cake is one of my weaknesses – it’s like my kryptonite.  The yummy smells, the delicious sweet taste that melts in your mouth and makes all your troubles go away –need I go on?  I figured that when I started Weight Watchers that cake would be off limits.  And before you say it – yes I know that on Weight Watchers you can eat whatever you want.  But that is not entirely true – I mean let’s get real – if you only have 29 points and a piece of cake is 14 um that does not leave much left over for anything else if you plan to not starve the rest of the day.  So again I say cake was basically off limits.  Until I found a recipe online that is seriously rocking my world right now.  I am not creative enough to make this up on my own but I’m sure glad that someone didJ  It’s a called a 3 2 1 Cake.  So now I can have my cake and eat it too - its only 2 points.  And for someone like me that has to have a little something sweet after dinner this is perfect.  Plus you can really get creative with the toppings.  My husband hates anything that has the word diet it in or is a Weight Watcher recipe - he automatically decides that its gross.  But he loves these little cakes as much as I do.  So this recipe is hubs approved!
3 2 1 Cake
1  Angel Food cake mix (one of the mixes HAS to be angel food)
1  Any other flavor of cake mix that you want

Mix the two dry cake mixes together in a Ziploc or storage container.  Do not add any other ingredients to the mixes.  Once you are ready to make one of these little gems get out a small coffee mug or ramekin.  Add 3 tablespoons of the dry mix to the cup add 2 tablespoons of water and stir.  Microwave for 1 minute and viola a little cake all for you! 

The one pictured below is a yellow cake with berries and fat free Cool Whip on top.  The berries are zero points and so is the Cool Whip because I only used 2 tablespoons.  Total yumminess.

Try it out!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! But now I want cake. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete