Ok....ok....not all at once but over the last 10 years I have lost weight and re-gained the same 10 pounds. I've totaled it up and it’s around 100 pounds give or take. Now I don't know if it’s just me but I started to think WTF?!? I guess I had never thought about it that way. Apparently I am really good at losing weight I just suck at keeping it off. Sigh. So I'm more determined than ever to get this weight off and KEEP it off. I've started back on Weight Watchers. The first week I feel totally full and satisfied said no one ever!! The first week is definitely the toughest. It’s the weekends that do me in. My husband loves to go out to eat on Fridays and Saturdays – well I can’t lie – I love to go too! It’s hard to make good choices - I hate fish so that is out of the question. Plus I have a feeling that if I liked fish the part that I would like would be the butter!! I am a sucker for the bread or anything that they put on the table before you eat. Those are where the points really add up. Now I know what you all are (ok one follower) is thinking – why don’t I just ask our server to not bring the bread or chips to the table. Well that’s a good question. In case you haven’t heard I have no willpower, not even enough to tell the server not to bring the goodies. But I have got to get it together – this is pretty lame if I can’t say no to a little piece of bread. Well this weekend will be the true test. I’ll let you know how it goes and if anyone was hurt in the process, ha!
So I just read somewhere that whether you walk a mile or run a mile that you burn the same amount of calories. Why the hell hasn’t someone told me about this before now? Here I am dying on the treadmill when I could just walk the same distance with the same results. I realize that it will take me twice as long but that is better than the feeling I get when I’m trying to jog. I didn’t lose one pound while I was jogging. And let me say that was totally my fault, I was not watching what I was eating – that was pretty lame on my part. I mean doesn’t 25 minutes of jogging cancel out a chocolate donut washed down with a mocha? Well it should! I really wish I could find an exercise that I loved to do - any suggestions? P.S…..I'm not into hiking or anything where I might encounter a wild animal, need a safety harness, or break a nail – I’m a city girl and the mountains are lovely to LOOK at but I do not need to go up there. I mean I don’t want bears, snakes, giant bugs feeling the need to get in touch with the city and take a tour of my house so why should I feel the need to get in touch with nature and go up there. I don’t look at it as not loving the outdoors but rather a mutual respect between me and the bears/snakes to stay out of each other’s homes, hehe.

No comments:
Post a Comment