Me and the Hunny <3

Monday, August 6, 2012

A Few of my Favorite Things

I thought it would be fun to share with you a few of my favorite things.  Yes….the song ‘My Favorite Things’ is running through my head as I type this.  Now if my husband was sitting right here I’m sure that he would argue that I definitely have more than a few.  But I have narrowed my list down:

1.       Laura Mercier tight line eyeliner - This stuff is a miracle worker.  It really defines the eye area so much more than just using normal eye liner.  Now the biggest difference is the actual technique that you use to apply it.  You don’t put this product on the water line you actually use a thin but stiff brush to apply the product in between your lashes.  It sounds harder than it is – trust me!  When I first started playing around with this product I thought how the hell am I going to get this in the space in-between each eye lash and even if I could how long would that take??  Just an FYI…. I take everything too literally.  You don’t have to fill in one by one every space between each lash.  Just one thin line will do the trick.


2.      MAC Prep and Prime Lash – put a thin coat of this on before your mascara. This will give the lash some extra oomph and length.  I swear this is a product that I would take if I had to go to a deserted island.  I have been wearing this for years and could not live without it.


3.      MAC False Lashes Mascara – WOW!!  I’m convinced that this mascara came from the heavens.  It really pumps up the volume and extends the lashes to give you a doll eye. Use it with the primer mentioned above and watch the magic happenJ


4.      L’occitane 15% Shea Butter Lotion – It’s a bit of a splurge at $30 for an 8oz bottle but so worth it.  It leaves your skin so soft and with a slight glow that doesn’t go away after an hour or so, it lasts all day.  It’s not greasy and has a soft pleasant scent.  Once a year L’oocitane has a sale and you can score a 16.9oz bottle for $45 Yippee!!

5.      Big Sexy Hair All Nighter Hair Spray – I should be from Texas.  I love big hair.   I’m talking like “Hi the 80’s called and wanted their Aqua Net and teasing comb back” kinda big.  I have tried so many hair sprays and finally found one that actually keeps your hair in place. This stuff is amazing.  It’s really stiff – get your minds out of the gutter – but doesn’t leave your hair so hard that it feels like a helmet.  Your hair is still manageable and soft.

6.      Got 2b Defiant – this is pomade that really pieces out your hair and gives it some definition.  The best part is the price!!  $5.50 for a good size tub that lasts me at least 2 -3 months.  I have found that it works just as well if not better than the high priced stuff. 


Seriously I could go on and on – I guess Joe is right?!?  Don’t tell him I said that. I’ll never hear the end of it, lol! 

No comments:

Post a Comment