A couple of months ago I met a girl and the first thing I noticed was her eye lashes. They looked so beautiful but not fake. The makeup artist in me kept looking for the lash band that you see on a full strip of falsies. I was floored because I couldn’t see anything – not even eye liner. I had to ask her what her secret was. She admitted that they were extensions. I was shocked. For years and I mean years I have seen many eye lash extensions and they ALL looked horrid. Like a spider had a fight with a tube of superglue kinda bad. I NEVER recommended them to any of my clients because I had seen so many bad ones. Well they must have come a long way in the last 5 years!!
I did some research (Joe says “obsessing”) and found a salon here in town that only does lash extensions. They are licensed estheticians that are certified in applying the extensions. This is VERY important!! You do not want to go to some shack downtown where your friend’s friend’s cousin got them done for $30. You get what you pay for – the last thing you want in an eye infection! Each of the estheticians has a full bio of their experience and certifications posted online. So I felt pretty confident that they knew what they were doing. When I got to the salon my lash stylist asked me how I wanted the lashes to look. They have all sorts of different ways you can get them done. I wanted them to be noticeable but not stripper. I was instructed to lie down on a table. Cushiony pads were put on top of my bottom lashes to protect them from the adhesive. After that I closed my eyes for almost 3 hours. It was relaxing but I have to admit it was hard to lay there with my eyes closed for that long.
Once I was allowed to open my eyes - and my head stopped spinning from sitting up too quickly - I saw that I had the lashes that every mascara in the universe has promised:) So to answer the question on whether to extend or not to extend I will have to say yes!!
Sorry about the pics – they are not the best – I’m trying to do all of this one handed. So please excuse any typos too:)
Before - taken last week with full makeup on
After - taken this afternoon with minimal makeup on - I can only do so much one handed, lol :)
Pretty sure they look FAB. But, if you wouldn't have shared your secret I would have forever thought you and your miracle MAC were pretty awesome :)~
ReplyDelete