Me and the Hunny <3

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Gunk Can Suck it

Hello Peeps!  I thought that I would share with you something so cool it blew my mind!  Ha!  I guess it doesn’t take much!!  I LOVE hair products – anything that will pump my hair up make it hold a curl is a product that I’m sure that I have tried or is already under my bathroom sink.  Problem is since they are so sticky they build up on my curling iron – not good.  Now a little build up is going to happen but recently my curling iron was sticking together – it was so bad that the barrel would not open.  Not something that I’m proud of but I had no clue how I was going to get off this caked on superglue.  I thought I was time for a new curling iron.  I am in love with the curling iron that own and can’t find it anywhere.  In fact I had to troll eBay for like 6 months the last time that my curling got this bad with buildup.  So I was not looking forward to having to try to find another one or (gasp) a different brand!  Trying to find a good curling iron is like trying to find a good bra or a pillow.  It takes forever and you have to try out a zillion before you find the right one.  I bought my car faster and with much less testing than I would a new curling iron.  So I turned to the internet.  Those of you who know me know that I Google everything (what did we do before Google??)  So why I waited this long to look this up is beyond me.  I found a way to remove the most stubborn buildup from my curling iron.  It looks practically brand new!  Yippee!!
To clean your curling iron or flat iron you will
  • Clean Rag
  • Small bowl
  • Baking soda
  • Water
  • Screwdriver
 Take the barrel off the drum of the curling iron.  This is super easy.  Trust me.  I am someone that can’t hang a picture so when I say this is a piece of cake it isJ  If you are cleaning a flat iron you may not have to do this.  Put some baking soda in a small bowl and add just a smidge of water – you want to make a thick paste.  Rub it on the curling/flat iron.  Let it sit for about a minute.  Take your rag and get it damp.  Start working the paste in small circles.  The gunk that start to come right off.  For more stubborn areas you might have to use your fingernail to scrape it off.  If its really being stubborn then add a little more paste and let it sit for a few minutes.  Work that crap off!!  Once you do viola!  Clean curling iron JJ and happy girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment