Me and the Hunny <3

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ay Dios Mio!

As promised I amd going to let you know how my first Zumba class was this morning.  It kicked my a$$. When I was on the way to the studio I was thinking this is going to be a welcome vacation from jogging on the treadmill.  It will be nice to not have to work so hard to burn calories.  HAHA Joke is sooooo on me.  That workout is no joke (If your a follower of my blog you I know I say "is no joke" a lot)!  It starts out kinda easy for the warm up then the instructor (Vanessa) starts working us like we are training to be in the Latin Lover Salsa Competition.  Side note - Vanessa is beautiful, gorgeous, tiny, Latin hottie with one of the best bodies and butts I have ever seen. She has a J Lo booty.  But she's nice so I can't hate her.  Damn.  The people that take the class too are really nice too andd they are all different ages and sizes.  Yay!  So I didn't feel too out of place.......until the booty shaking started.  There is a lot of butt shaking in Zumba.  Vanessa's booty shaking was in time with the music mine was not as well calculated to say the least.  While I was trying to shake my butt at the appropriate time and then try to stop the shaking when it was not booty shaking time the song by Destiny's Child "Bootylicious" was running through my head.  Especially the lyric "I don't think your ready for this jelly".  I don't think any of those women, and one brave man, were ready for my spastic booty jelly shaking.  So not only was it a hard workout I looked like a complete idiot doing it.  I know this because there are mirrors that line one entire wall in the work out room.  I was trying to avoid looking in the mirror the whole class for fear if I saw what I looked like I would have to grab my stuff and make a b-line for the door.  But of course I did catch a couple of glimpses.  I can describe what I looked like as a cross between Elaine's dancing on Seinfeld and Napoleon Dynamite's mad dancing skills.  Not pretty.  BUT it was fun and as awkward as I felt and looked I will be back for more.  Zumba is only twice a week so I will still be jogging.  I'm no where near where I was a few weeks ago with the C25K, but I'm not giving up!  The next Zumba class is this coming Thursday so at 6:30 when the class starts do me a favor and listen to the song "Bootylicious" and think of me trying to get my jelly under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment