Me and the Hunny <3

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cool Apps and an Update

Hey peepsJ Happy Sunday.  I thought I’d give you an update of my progress and share with you some cool apps that a couple of friends let me know about.  I started week 4 of C25K yesterday.  Wow!  The program really makes you step up your game this week.  I do one level a week but instead of doing it 3 times a week I am doing it 6.  Trust me I need all the extra practice.  I haven’t got burned out yet so I’m going with it.  I quit Weight Watchers.  I think it’s a great program but I need something that makes me track everything that goes into my mouth.  I wouldn't track zero point foods and usually nothing that was one point.  I would just try to remember that I had eaten that one point.  Um....see how well that worked out?!?  So I am now counting calories.  There is a great website called My FitnessPal that tracks everything for you.  You can do it online but they have an app and it makes it super easy to track all of your food, water, and exercise.  It even has a scanner so all you have to do is scan the UPC code with your phone and viola it zaps the calories into your tracker.  So far EVERYTHING that I've tracked has been in their database, even restaurants.  And the best part its free!!!!  Free to join the website, free app, and no monthly fees.  Thanks Jovelle for the suggesting this appJ If you decide to join friend me and we can cheer each other on!  My user name is bamlv. 

The next app is the C25K app. Before I knew about the app I would write down what the workout routine was for the week on a Post It and slap it on the treadmill.  But that meant that I had to constantly look at the timer and so all that made me do was think about how much longer I had to go before I could stop.  My friend Tamara suggested the app and it is awesome!!  It has all the workouts in it and lets you choose from 3 different trainers.  I picked the Jillian Michaels style trainer.  The app lets you import whatever music you want from your phone.  You just hit start workout and that’s it.  Your trainer will let you know when it’s time to jog and walk.  No more staring at the timer.  This has helped me a ton!!  Thanks TamaraJ  This one is $1.99 but totally worth it.  The only downside for me is the fact that it only has 3 workouts per week.  You can repeat a workout but it will only track 3 a week. 

The scale has finally moved!! I have lost some more weight – I will give you the full run down on Wednesday my official weigh dayJ

 

No comments:

Post a Comment