Me and the Hunny <3

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Weigh Day and a Recipe

I’m happy to report that I lost 2.4 pounds this week.  I was hoping that it would be a bit more but I’m not going to act like that size zero girl in front of you at Starbucks that is complaining that she is soooo fat J and orders a skinny latte.  Meanwhile you are contemplating force feeding her the whip cream that you just ordered on your frapaccino.  On a side note anyone besides me feel like Godzilla in these situations?  Like the ratio between them and me is so out of whack that Godzilla is the only appropriate comparison.  Anyways back to weigh day.  Since I started exercising which was Labor Day weekend I have lost 4.4.  I’m really pushing for 10 total for the month so that means I have to kick it up a notch.  I have been living on Lean Cuisine’s for lunch and dinner but they are full of carbs.  I think that I need to eat more grilled meats and veggies.  I can do that and frankly I need a break from the frozen meals.  How can there be a zillion different entrée’s but they all taste the same after a while??

I also wanted to say THANK YOU for all of your supportive comments.  I read them all and they really help me get through my runs - especially today! 

Now on to the good stuff – a totally delicious recipe for Cobbler – yes I said Cobbler.  Its from Pinterest.  Tamara and I both pinned it and she made it last week and told me that I had to try it.  I'm so glad that I did.  Its so yum!  And its hubbs approved - Joe thought it rocked!

Here’s what you will need:
  • One white or vanilla cake mix – make sure that it does not have the pudding in it
  • 24 oz of frozen fruit – whatever you want.  I found a bag that had strawberries, blackberries, and peaches
  • 12oz can of diet Sprite or 7-Up
  • Pam
Start by spraying Pam into a 9X13 Pam – add frozen fruit

 
Sprinkle the cake mix on top of the fruit

 
Pour soda over the top – DO NOT MIX

 
Pop in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on top
A 1/2 cup (a little goes a long way) I figured is approximately 80 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment