Me and the Hunny <3

Friday, September 28, 2012

Five Fun Topics for Friday

Where was I 5 years ago
  1. Only had been in Colorado for a few months
  2. Living with my mom
  3. Unemployed
  4. Depressed
  5. Worried about the future
5 Things I can’t leave the house without
  1. Pocket Cross – I have had since I was 14.  I put it on my keys so it’s always with me
  2. Cell phone
  3. Touch up powder
  4. Lip gloss
  5. Little tube of hand cream
5 Songs that get me jogging and shaking my booty on the treadmill
  1. Single Ladies – Beyonce
  2. What You Need – INXS
  3. Black Cat – Janet Jackson
  4. S&M – Rihanna
  5. Back to the Hotel – N2Deep – This is my dork out song Check out this post if you don’t know what I’m talking aboutJ
5 Fears
  1. Going to jail for something that I didn’t do – I saw a movie when I was a kid about that happening and ever since then that has been a fear of mine.  I'd never make it in jail, I would get traded for cigarettes to be someones bitch
  2. Being kidnapped – I don’t think I’m all that and on the top of the list for some psycho to grab but remember Silence of the Lambs and “put the lotion on”???  Yikes – the PC way to say it is that guy was into women with "curves".  I don’t want to end up as a lamp shade or something.  Also remember that the fastest I can jog is at 4.2mph I could never out run anyone. 
  3. Bees – Ugh I absolutely hate bees.  I mean you are outside (and as you know that is rare for me) enjoying yourself and BUZZZZ a stupid bee right in your face ready to kill.  You know one of the reasons that I did not get married outside was because all I kept thinking is that I would be holding a giant bouquet of bee food.  I have read that if the world didn’t have bees then all life would die off in a matter of a couple of years.  Really?!? I’m game for trying it out
  4. Any scary or sort of scary or a little bit scary movie or TV show.  Let me put this in perspective….when that show Unsolved Mysteries was on TV back in the 80’s/90’s I could not watch it.  It freaked me out so bad that I had to sleep with the lights on.  When I was in 7th grade my cousins talked me into watching Nightmare on Elm Street.  I was so scared that I stayed awake totally frozen for the entire night.  The thought of that movie still scares me.
  5. Going into the basement when it’s dark or actually any place that’s dark– ok so yes I sound like I’m 5 but the basement in particular is a scary place when it’s dark.  I remember when I was a kid and we had crawl spaces down there.  Isn’t that where all the crazy psycho killers put dead people??  To this day – and I really can’t believe that I am going to admit this – I have to hum the Smurf theme song when I start going into a dark place and can’t get to the light switch quick enough.  I have done this since the 80’s when that cartoon came out. 
5 Things that are rocking my face off this week
  1. Baked Chicken Lean Cuisine – to me this is like a teeny tiny taste of thanksgiving- but the trick is that you have to take it out of the plastic tray after you cook it and mush it all togetherJ Trust me its awesome
  2. Siri – I upgraded to iPhone 5 this past week.  My old phone did not have Siri and was on its last leg.  Siri rocks my face off.  It really is like having an assistant.  I’ve been making that girl work!
  3. New running shoes** - I am putting an asterisk by them because I haven’t tried them out yet.  I got them after work today.  Today is the one day that I take off from running so I’ll let you know how they are next time I post.  My left ankle aches so bad after I run that I want to cry.  My brother is a runner and he suggested that I get new shoes.  Good ones – not like walk into Kohls and get some pink Nike’s like the ones I currently have.  But that meant that I had to overcome the extra super intimidation factor that I had about going into a running store.  I figured that the people working there would take one look at me and laugh me out of the store.  But the lady that helped me was the bomb and so sweet!  But let me tell you it's no joke in that store.  You don’t just walk in and buy some shoes.  She made me run on a treadmill so she could video tape my feet to determine the best shoe.  I was not prepared for this – I was wearing a dress today but I sucked it up and ran in a dress with people watching me.  I almost died of embarrassment.  But it was worth it.  This video showed why my ankle is killing me.  I rotate my ankle inward after I land on my foot.  Ouchy!  The sales lady had me try on 5 different pairs of shoes and after finding one that she thought would help she had me run again.  This time the video showed that my ankles remained straight.  Super Cool!
  4. Sweet tea Mio – Love it!  I drink a gallon of water a day thanks to Mio!!
  5. Pinterest – I heart Pinterest – you can find so many cool things/ideas/recipes/books/ on this site.



No comments:

Post a Comment