Me and the Hunny <3

Monday, September 24, 2012

It's Been a While

There was a problem this weekend with this website and it wouldn’t let me postL  so I have a lot to catch you up on:

  • Weekend was greatJ Too short but that is typical.  Joe and I had some family over this weekend for a big spaghetti dinner.  Spaghetti is like my super krypotine.  I wasn’t really stoked about making it – not because I don’t like to, I mean come on I’m Italian making sauce and meatballs is basically taught at age 3.  I felt like I couldn’t be trusted around it.  But I’m happy to report that I did goodJ  I made myself some Smart Taste pasta that has more fiber in it and only had a cup and a half.  I tracked everything – even my glass of wine.  My sister (evil temptress) brought a tiramisu cake – holy hell – I didn’t even know that existed.  But I had 3 bites and gave the rest of my piece to Joe.  My willpower is getting stronger and I’m stoked.     Pic from Sat
  • I’m on week 5 of C25K.  Let me tell you it’s no joke this week.  I'm honestly not sure if I will be able to get through it.  This week is the first one where the workouts are all different.  Up until now the program has you do the same one all week then move up to the next one.  This week they start you off jogging 5 min then walk 3 then repeat twice.  That one was actually not that bad at all.  Then the next one is the one that I did today which is jog for 8 minutes and walk for 5 min repeat once.  That was a challenge.  I did it but I wanted to barf – just like you see on Biggest Loser when a new contestant has worked out for like 8 hours straight and they finally have all they can take and puke.  That was what I felt like at the end of the second 8 minute jog.  I will do that workout again tomorrow to keep up with my schedule.  But then there is the workout that I am supposed to do Wednesday.  Um…..gulp….after the 5 min warm up walk you are supposed to jog 20 min straight.  What the hell happened to adding a couple minutes every week??  I am perplexed that after jogging 8 minutes that all of a sudden 20 is the next logical step.  That is a crap sandwich.  Oh well.  I will try it. Every week so far I have thought that I wouldn’t be able to do it and I have.  Maybe this one will be the same – fingers crossed.
  • I switched to jogging in the mornings instead of after work.  On the weekends as soon as I get up I hit the treadmill and usually have an easier time getting through the run then I do when I workout after work.  So today was the first day of that.  It wasn’t easy getting up and out of bed at 5:00am but it was so nice to just come home and chill.  I am catching up on season 1 of Revenge – woo hoo!!  Side note that show is awesome.  If you don’t watch it go to Netflix sign up for streaming service and watch all 20 some episodes until your eyes bleed - I'll wait while you sign up...tick tock tick tock.  Trust me you don’t want to wait for the DVD’s to come in the mail!!  It is that good.  Then watch season 1 of Scandal – even better than Revenge!  ABC feel free to send me a check for that glowing endorsement.
  • I got a new treadmill – well it was used but new to me.  As you know my old treadmill had seen better days.  It wouldn’t maintain a constant speedL  I was looking on Craigs List and I see this postings from one of our neighbors selling theirs and its basically brand new.  We got it for $150 score!  Even has an iPod dock and speakers built in – double score! Here are some pics – ignore dungeon like basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment