HowdyJ It’s Weigh Day Wednesday. I am happy to report that I lost 1.8 this week. I was talking to the hubbs about how slow this weight was coming off and he says “well you’re getting”…..um getting what?!?! He swears that he wasn’t going to say “Old” but he was back peddling all over the place. Says he couldn’t think of what he was going to say – ya right! The truth of the matter is I am getting older and this will be a slower process but I’m cool with that. Slow and steady wins the race – right? I hope so. I have NEVER in my life worked this hard to lose weight. My MO is usually to try, and I stress the work try, to eat well. All the while thinking of how I can cheat. Or I exercise but eat like crap. This time I am finally doing both at the same time. No more pills, cabbage soup, or no carb diets for me. I am learning how to be a normal person that eats normal portions. Go figure.
Update on C25K – I got to the 3rd workout this week which is to run 20 minutes straight – no walking in between like all the previous weeks. I was convinced that I wouldn’t be able to do it – so much so that I freaked myself out and was actually anxious about it. I got on the treadmill this morning and said to myself that if I couldn’t get through it that would be ok but at least try it out and see how long I could go for. I had the iPod loaded up with my favorite songs and a little bit of gangster rap (one more fun fact about me – I like old school gangster rap….Ice Cube, NWA, and Too Short just to name a few). Ha – bet you would have never guessed. Anywho I start jogging and it’s not that bad and I was trying so hard not to look at the clock. I finally gave in and took a quick look and I had been running for 10 minutes. I was thinking that I just might be able to do this. But then by the time I got to 12 minutes I wished for an earthquake, fire, black plague, anything that would get me off that treadmill. But I kept going. This is going to sound corny but all the encouraging comments and messages you have sent me were going through my head and that pushed me to do that last 8 minutes. I was so happy when I realized that I had just jogged non-stop for 20 minutes that tears welled up in my eyes – I warned you early on in this blog that I am sappy. 6 weeks ago I could barely jog for a minute without wanting to stop. Now check me out! I do have to admit that I am a very slow jogger – I jog at 4.2 so that is not going to win me any gold medals – well maybe for slowest runner ever – but as my friend Tamara says – No matter how slow you go you are still lapping everyone on the couch! So trueJ
Update on calorie counting – I’m still counting and staying within my range for the day but I’ve been hungry like the wolf lately and I’m not talking about the Duran Duran song. You know when you see a movie and there is a bear standing up roaring and growling with its teeth exposed? That's how I’ve been feeling around lunch time and I eat breakfast! Someone at work cut in front of me in the microwave line a couple of days ago and then proceeded to heat up their food for 7 minutes. I wanted to eat their face off!!
![]() |
| Me before lunch |

No comments:
Post a Comment